Sunday..first time in Church

Monday, August 17, 2009

Yes, I know that I did not make an effort to go to church since I got here. I was scared and I didn’t know where the church at coz the first time I was here I’ve seen Baptist churches and Jehovah’s Witnesses Church. I came across churches with cross symbol out in the building but still doubting if it’s a Catholic church. It took me forever to ask someone where the Catholic Church at.

So last Sunday which was, August 16, we went to church, finally, and while we were walking to the front door, I was still trying to think what to expect in a different community. Will this be the same in the Philippines, I was really worried and I don’t know why.

Anyway, all in all the whole mass celebration was of the same in the Philippines and I was truly amazed with myself coz I was able to easily feel that I belong. I sang songs that I have always been singing and reply to words that I am really familiar with. I must say, that I truly missed going to church and I’m glad we went there and we promise to hear mass every Sunday

0 comments: